Jun 07, 2021 in General
TouchChat® offers several new features with update 2.31, but first let’s review update 2.30.1 which was released shortly after update 2.30. Check out all the features below and be sure to watch the video for more information!
Added the ability to use a USB to save and transfer customized vocabulary files (see video for details and how to transfer)
Activity Indicator added to the “import from files” option; you will see this indicator when you have a large file (may not see with a small file). This is a helpful reminder to wait while the process completes
ChatEditor™ no longer requires the use of the Import Folder to transfer files to your Editor
WordPower™ Español Basico – Added ability to say “My favorite food is ____” to all food groups
WordPower80 – a next logical word has “-line” has been added so you can say “online”. The word “cute” has also been added to the first Describe page.
Whiteboard feature incorporated into the School pages of all TouchChat WordPower files (see video for details and how to use)
Apr 21, 2021 in General
TouchChat Sale Terms and conditions:
Apr 01, 2021 in General
TouchChat update 2.30 is here and with it comes new features and bug fixes you've been looking for!
• Highlight words as they are spoken in the Speech Display Bar (SDB) - Available within the settings of the TouchChat app, this great literacy feature allows you to turn on the feature and select your preferred highlight color. It can even be used with Telephony!
• The VoiceKeeper Text to Speech engine updates - Able to be used with TouchChat, this add-on purchase has been updated with V3 voices, which means that the voice quality is improved and easier to achieve. With a minimum of 50 sentences recorded, you can hear your personalized voice. The more you record, the better the voice will be! Visit https://app.thevoicekeeper.com/PRC-Saltillo to learn more.
• “Bose® Connect” added to open apps - Now available to the open app button action, this feature allows individuals to connect to a Bose Bluetooth® speaker.
• WordPower™ has been refreshed with a few minor symbol updates across the files
• SymbolStix® & PCS® have been updated with a few new symbols related to COVID-19
• Apple voices no longer say “Capital I” when an “I” is selected
• Skin tone randomizer is now listed under “vocabulary settings” section
• The randomize button is now available directly on the vocabulary settings page when skin tone is set to random
• Issue with the app only speaking the last sentence in messages with multiple sentences has been corrected
• Corrected problem with “skip empty cell” not working properly
• Fixed a bug causing some iPhone menus to stretch off the right side of the screen
• Keyboard no longer covers name field when trying to name an imported picture
• Corrected a bug that caused certain BMP images to not display
• Fixed issue with missing voices not showing warning message
• French WordPower descriptions will appear in English in the WordPower folder when the device is set to English. When the device is set to French, the French descriptions will be in the top-level vocab list.
Jan 28, 2021 in General
The 2.29 TouchChat® release is here with cool new features, vocabulary updates, and bug fixes. Here's what you'll find in the latest update:
• New Gradient Fill setting allows you to adjust the way the button looks
• Two new apps, Visual Timer and WhatsApp , are now available in the "Open App" button action
• An option to create random skin tones through a copied SymbolStix® vocabulary has been added
• New warning message will appear when deleting a vocabulary; tap "Continue" to permanently delete the vocabulary
• PCS symbols:
WordPower Vocabulary Updates
• Basic files have additional places added to the second page
• Fun sounds have been added to the Spanish Básico file
• Added missing pronoun form "on" to recently introduced WordPower français
• Corrected issue with importing multiple pages
• Vocal ID voice no longer crashes app
• Corrected Spanish translation in Settings
• VoiceKeeper payment process now more user-friendly
• Improved button fonts when in split view
• Improved Saltillo registration screen
• Corrected issue with word & character prediction statement in other languages
• Fixed issue with split screen not drawing correctly
• System keyboard will now allow you to start a word with the same letter as the previous word
• Fixed issue with head tracking not working on an iPhone
• “Play recorded sound” button action no longer crashes app
Check out our video for more information and demonstrations!
Nov 23, 2020 in General
The 2.28 TouchChat App software release is here, and it's full of awesome new features, bug fixes and vocabulary updates you'll love. Check out our video for more details!