Apr 21, 2021 in General
TouchChat Sale Terms and conditions:
Apr 01, 2021 in General
TouchChat update 2.30 is here and with it comes new features and bug fixes you've been looking for!
• Highlight words as they are spoken in the Speech Display Bar (SDB) - Available within the settings of the TouchChat app, this great literacy feature allows you to turn on the feature and select your preferred highlight color. It can even be used with Telephony!
• The VoiceKeeper Text to Speech engine updates - Able to be used with TouchChat, this add-on purchase has been updated with V3 voices, which means that the voice quality is improved and easier to achieve. With a minimum of 50 sentences recorded, you can hear your personalized voice. The more you record, the better the voice will be! Visit https://app.thevoicekeeper.com/PRC-Saltillo to learn more.
• “Bose® Connect” added to open apps - Now available to the open app button action, this feature allows individuals to connect to a Bose Bluetooth® speaker.
• WordPower™ has been refreshed with a few minor symbol updates across the files
• SymbolStix® & PCS® have been updated with a few new symbols related to COVID-19
• Apple voices no longer say “Capital I” when an “I” is selected
• Skin tone randomizer is now listed under “vocabulary settings” section
• The randomize button is now available directly on the vocabulary settings page when skin tone is set to random
• Issue with the app only speaking the last sentence in messages with multiple sentences has been corrected
• Corrected problem with “skip empty cell” not working properly
• Fixed a bug causing some iPhone menus to stretch off the right side of the screen
• Keyboard no longer covers name field when trying to name an imported picture
• Corrected a bug that caused certain BMP images to not display
• Fixed issue with missing voices not showing warning message
• French WordPower descriptions will appear in English in the WordPower folder when the device is set to English. When the device is set to French, the French descriptions will be in the top-level vocab list.
Jan 28, 2021 in General
The 2.29 TouchChat® release is here with cool new features, vocabulary updates, and bug fixes. Here's what you'll find in the latest update:
• New Gradient Fill setting allows you to adjust the way the button looks
• Two new apps, Visual Timer and WhatsApp , are now available in the "Open App" button action
• An option to create random skin tones through a copied SymbolStix® vocabulary has been added
• New warning message will appear when deleting a vocabulary; tap "Continue" to permanently delete the vocabulary
• PCS symbols:
WordPower Vocabulary Updates
• Basic files have additional places added to the second page
• Fun sounds have been added to the Spanish Básico file
• Added missing pronoun form "on" to recently introduced WordPower français
• Corrected issue with importing multiple pages
• Vocal ID voice no longer crashes app
• Corrected Spanish translation in Settings
• VoiceKeeper payment process now more user-friendly
• Improved button fonts when in split view
• Improved Saltillo registration screen
• Corrected issue with word & character prediction statement in other languages
• Fixed issue with split screen not drawing correctly
• System keyboard will now allow you to start a word with the same letter as the previous word
• Fixed issue with head tracking not working on an iPhone
• “Play recorded sound” button action no longer crashes app
Check out our video for more information and demonstrations!
Nov 23, 2020 in General
The 2.28 TouchChat App software release is here, and it's full of awesome new features, bug fixes and vocabulary updates you'll love. Check out our video for more details!
Oct 02, 2020 in General
In this latest update from TouchChat, you won't want to miss the following cool new features. For more information and demonstrations of the following, be sure to check out our What's New video!
What is Readtopia?
Readtopia is a special education curriculum designed for teachers working with older students. It is an integrated curriculum offering support across many domains – ELA, Math, Social Studies, Life Skills and Science.
To learn more about the 2.27 Update and the vocabulary updates you may have missed in 2.25 & 2.6, don't forget to check out our What's New video!