Jan 28, 2021 in General
The 2.29 TouchChat® release is here with cool new features, vocabulary updates, and bug fixes. Here's what you'll find in the latest update:
• New Gradient Fill setting allows you to adjust the way the button looks
• Two new apps, Visual Timer and WhatsApp , are now available in the "Open App" button action
• An option to create random skin tones through a copied SymbolStix® vocabulary has been added
• New warning message will appear when deleting a vocabulary; tap "Continue" to permanently delete the vocabulary
• PCS symbols:
WordPower Vocabulary Updates
• Basic files have additional places added to the second page
• Fun sounds have been added to the Spanish Básico file
• Added missing pronoun form "on" to recently introduced WordPower français
• Corrected issue with importing multiple pages
• Vocal ID voice no longer crashes app
• Corrected Spanish translation in Settings
• VoiceKeeper payment process now more user-friendly
• Improved button fonts when in split view
• Improved Saltillo registration screen
• Corrected issue with word & character prediction statement in other languages
• Fixed issue with split screen not drawing correctly
• System keyboard will now allow you to start a word with the same letter as the previous word
• Fixed issue with head tracking not working on an iPhone
• “Play recorded sound” button action no longer crashes app
Check out our video for more information and demonstrations!
Nov 23, 2020 in General
The 2.28 TouchChat App software release is here, and it's full of awesome new features, bug fixes and vocabulary updates you'll love. Check out our video for more details!
Oct 02, 2020 in General
In this latest update from TouchChat, you won't want to miss the following cool new features. For more information and demonstrations of the following, be sure to check out our What's New video!
What is Readtopia?
Readtopia is a special education curriculum designed for teachers working with older students. It is an integrated curriculum offering support across many domains – ELA, Math, Social Studies, Life Skills and Science.
To learn more about the 2.27 Update and the vocabulary updates you may have missed in 2.25 & 2.6, don't forget to check out our What's New video!
Sep 23, 2020 in General
To help celebrate AAC Awareness Month in October, TouchChat® by Saltillo is being offered at 50% off October 14-18, 2020. You won't want to miss this awesome opportunity, so mark your calendars now! Terms and conditions apply. See below for details.
TouchChat Sale Terms and conditions:
*Price shown in U.S. App Store during dates of sale reflect 50% off. Regular price for TouchChat HD with WordPower is $299.99.
Jul 28, 2020 in General
Support for iOS 9 & 10 has been discontinued
As technology advances rapidly, it is increasingly difficult to ensure compatibility with out-of-date iOS versions. In order to provide our iOS customers with the best TouchChat app experience, we’ve decided to discontinue support for iOS 9 & iOS 10. Read more here.
Scanning has been added as a standard feature available within the application
Use the Switch Setup Wizard to connect one or two switches. Settings within the app are compatible with the new AeroSwitch™ from PRC-Saltillo via Bluetooth connection and can be used with or without the ChatWrap™.
A button action for texting has been added, allowing you to program a button to open the iMessage texting
The SymbolStix® library has been updated to provide the option to change skin tones within a vocabulary
Allows you to change the skin tone of all the images at once to better represent a person's uniqueness. These changes are applied to the entire file through Settings.
PRC-Saltillo has partnered with TheVoiceKeeper to provide integration of a custom voice within TouchChat
Available to integrate into your TouchChat app for $75, TheVoiceKeeper is easy to use and record voices using your iPad. The more recordings you provide, the better the voice will be.
Several new children's voices available in TouchChat Hebrew
Minor updates to WordPower™ English and Español include a few word additions and programming corrections