Sep 17, 2018 in General
With iOS 12 coming out today, we wanted to update you on some features we think might be useful for our AAC app customers.
In Settings, you will find an option called Screen Time.
- Screen time: This feature gives users the ability to see what applications have been used and how long they were used. This can be seen in a “daily” or “weekly” format.
This feature lets you set a time frame to prevent all applications from being used, with the exception of “approved applications”. The icons for those not approved would be “DARKENED” and an hourglass appears beside the name. Tapping on the icon gives you a “time limit reached” screen, but gives you the option ignore the limit, then set a reminder in 15 minutes or ignore the limit for today. You must enter the screen time passcode to do so.
- Always Allowed
This allows you to choose the applications that can still function with any downtime setting on.
- App Limits
This feature allows you to set a day & time limit on an app category. For example, you could set a time frame for “games” and any app that is in the category of “games” can only be played for the time limit that was set. You will receive a notification with 5 minutes remaining. Once the time limit has been reached, the game will be blocked until midnight, which is when the limits will be reset.
- Content & Privacy Restrictions (Previously Restrictions)
This is the setting where certain restrictions can be applied. This varies from what purchases can be made, to options like “do not disturb” while driving.
- Use screen time passcode: You can set a screen time passcode to prevent others from making changes to all of the above features. If this is set, users will not be able to make any changes or adjust any limits until the correct passcode is entered.
Sep 05, 2018 in General
TouchChat 2.15.0 has been released. Make sure to update both your TouchChat App and your Chat Editor so that the versions match.
- Open iOS app button action
- Add web hook button action (currently non-operational)
- Updated help files
How do I update my app?
May 15, 2018 in General
TouchChat 2.13.0 has been released. Make sure to update both your TouchChat App and your Chat Editor so that the versions match.
- New Communication Journey Aphasia UK Added
- Added group for Aphasia files
- Added full support for iPhone X
- WordPower vocabulary files updated
- Miscellaneous bugs fixed
How do I update my app?
Apr 30, 2018 in General
Terms & Conditions:
- Available worldwide - The discount % is based on US App Store. Exact prices may vary in other countries.
- Excludes all TouchChat Classic apps and in-app purchases.
- Sale subject to change at any time.
- Purchase orders not accepted.
- Offer valid May 8-11.
Apr 03, 2018 in General
Saltillo has created a 2018 calendar that is designed to help you support an early communicator using AAC. Each month, calendar activities, target words, and a read-along video are posted to the Saltillo website.
For the month of April, we'll be focusing on the words: me, play, help, you, and fun! We'll also be reading "Celebrate You! Celebrate Me!" by Leslie Kimmelman.