• You must be using the TouchChat app on an open system device. If you are using a dedicated device, you will not be able to use the phone functionality.
• You must have version 2.23 or later of the TouchChat app and an iPhone with iOS 13 or later.
• You and each person you call must have a FaceTime account.
To select or change your phone voice:
During a phone call, your phone voice will be different from your usual device voice.
1. In TouchChat Settings, in the Speech section, select Phone/FaceTime Voice to open a list of available voices. The voice currently selected displays a checkmark.
2. To change the voice, select the "speaker" icon to hear how a voice sounds. Listen to several voices if necessary.
3. When you find the voice you want, select the "Apple" icon to download and install it.
To make a phone call:
1. On your device, open the TouchChat app.
2. Open the FaceTime app and select the person you want to call.
3. When the person you are calling answers, switch to the TouchChat app to start speaking.
Note: During the call, TouchChat will switch from your usual device voice to the Phone/FaceTime voice you selected. When you end the call, TouchChat will switch back to your usual device voice.
4. When you are finished talking, switch to FaceTime and end the call.
5. Close FaceTime.