Downloading the Primary vocab file & uploading into TouchChat using iShare
- Download the Primary file from the TouchChat website & save your vocab file to your computer (remember where you save it to)
- Open your internet browser on the computer and go to www.ishareservices.com
- Log into your ishare account. If you do not have an account, go ahead and register for one.
- From the ishare account screen, click on Add File at the left of the screen
- Enter the information that is needed, i.e. name, revision, description, keywords.
- Select which category you wish for your vocab file to be associated with
- Select which type of file your vocab will be. This will make your file private, public or a group file.
- Click on the Browse button, find the Primary vocab file you saved, then click Open and Submit
- This will bring you back to the browse file area, in which you should see your file listed
- Connect your iPad to the computer using the USB cable
- On your iPad, tap vocab- Choose New Vocab
- Tap the Menu button in the right hand corner
- Choose the iShare Service button
- Log in using the ishare account you set up earlier
- Choose the My Files folder and find the vocab file in the category where you placed it
- After choosing the file, in the file details screen, tap on the download button on the bottom left
the “Download complete OK” screen should appear
- Tap on the arrow on the top left of the screen until you see a Done square and tap it
- This will take you back to the Vocab File screen, where your vocab file is listed.
- Choose your vocab file