First, export the file from your iPad® / iPod® to Chat Editor.
To place the file into Chat Editor, there is an import folder located on the desktop of your PC. It was placed there when the program was installed.
NOTE: If it is not there, you can browse to the import folder depending on the version of Windows you are using:
XP users : My computer > C drive (local drive) > Documents and Settings > Users > Login ID > Application Data > Chat Editor > Import
Vista/Windows 7: Start > Computer > C drive (local drive) > Users > Login ID > AppData > Roaming >Chat Editor > Import
To import into Chat Editor:
• Open Chat Editor
• Choose the configuration that you want to use for this file or create a new configuration
• The vocab file should start importing automatically after a few minutes
Now, you will need to transfer the vocabulary from the Chat Editor to your Nova Chat device:
• Attach your Nova Chat device to your PC using a USB cable. Upon connecting, you will see a screen that says "Transfer Mode" (if you are using the Nova 7x,7NXNC, 8.1, 5.2 or 10s), a screen that has a "Mount" button (Nova 7), or a screen that says "Connect Storage to PC" (Nova 5). If your screen says "Mount" or "Connect to Storage", you will need to press that button.
• In Chat Editor, choose Library from the menu, choose Transfer, then choose Vocabs To/From Device
• From the transfer screen, check the vocab file or files you wish to transfer from the Chat editor to the NOVA chat device and click on To Device button
• The name of the file should display in the Device Files listing when complete
• Tap done in Editor and then unplug the USB cable from your device (Nova 7x,7NXNC, 8.1, 5.2 or 10s). If you have a Nova Chat 7, you must tap "Turn Off" before disconnecting the USB cable. If you have a Nova Chat 5, tap "Disconnect Storage from PC".